Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1596 North Shore Rd, LaPointe
This historic cabin was once a part of the Koors saw mill and lumber camp located on Big Bay Point and was used as a warming house for the lumber jacks. In 1964 the mill and surrounding land was sold to the State of Wisconsin and the building became a park ranger station before being sold to Elmer Nelson who moved it to his homestead and eventually sold again and moved to its current location. Major renovations then took place preserving the history and creating the cozy cabin it is. The land features 3 acres and 205' of shoreline with a large L-dock. The cabin has a new roof in 2017.
- MLS® #6058690
- TypeSingle Family
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- AmenitiesBeamed Ceilings, Patio Door, Natural Woodwork, Skylight
- ParkingOff Street, Driveway - Shared
- ViewLake Superior
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontLake Superior
- Exterior FeaturesBoat Slip, Deck, Dock
- Lot DescriptionUnderground Utilities, Accessible Shoreline, High, Level, Rolling
- WindowsDouble Glazed, Wood Frame
- RoofAsphalt Shingles
- ConstructionFrame/Wood, Log Home
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Listing Office:Island Shores Realty
- Address1596 North Shore Rd
- CountyAshland County
- Zip Code54850
- AppliancesMicrowave, Range/Stove, Refrigerator
- # of Stories1
- DistrictBayfield (WI) #315
IDX information is provided by Superior Area Association of REALTORS® exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.